Thursday 7 August 2014

More Wargame Terrain by Tony Harwood

My copy of More Wargame Terrain by Tony Harwood turned up over the weekend and I must say it is an excellent book.


I've had a couple of quick skims through it and read some bits and it is an excellent resource for any terrain modeller. The book expands on Tony's first volume and goes into more depth, but the results are beautiful and this book should take pride of place on any wargamers bookshelf.

As a professional model maker most of the techniques were familiar to me, however even having said that the book offers plenty of inspiration and makes me realise that I really should be building more scenery...

I will say that the title is a slight misnomer, there is no actual terrain building in the book. It is all about constructing model buildings and structures. However, as wargamers tend to call anything on the wargames table, that is not a part of their army, "terrain" then the title is understandable and totally acceptable.



Well worth picking up, and as it is a limited print run I would recommend getting hold of it fast...




3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review. I'm glad you like it.

    Terrain?

    Scenery?

    Buildings?

    Not sure of the right definition or term as some do inter-mix all three. Although I will keep this in mind for book three.

    Once again thank you for the comments.

    Tony Harwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only heard good reviews of this book and vol.1 but for the unlucky sods like myself that stay overseas the price of the books (exchange rates) and postage are killers. Was hoping to see them released in PDF as downloads (as many war game rules are going) but this seems not to be. Pity!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David,

    Thank you for the recent comment. I'm afraid I have a mental black-spot with your surname as I have a friend with a similar name.

    Sorry

    Tony

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...