Monday 31 October 2011

Halloween 2011

Being British and of a generation that didn’t celebrate Halloween (until the retail industry took it up as a way of making some quick cash), this time of years has always been more about Bonfire Night (Guy Forkes Night) than Halloween to me. However, now that I have two boys that are very much wrapped up in modern culture, I have more or less been dragged into the Halloween “festivities”.

I hasten to add that they wont be Trick or Treating, as we don’t believe in blackmailing the neighbours for sweets.

I have carved a pumpkin for the last couple of years, and rather than stick to the simple ZigZag style scary face, I thought it was about time I tried my hand at something a little more adventurous!

I did a quick hunt around the internet for some simple ideas and came up with this one.

Pumpkin 2011 a

Still fairly simple, but certainly more effective than my previous attempts! To give it it’s full effect here is a photo with all the lights off!

Pumpkin 2011 b

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...