Monday 3 November 2008

Toy Soldiers: Targe 2008 Wargames Show

My second wargames show in a fortnight (and for the year as it happens), was TARGE at Kirriemuir (just north of Dundee) this weekend.
The show seemed busy (I was only there for an hour as we went shopping in Dundee afterwards), and the display/participation tables all looked great.
I wasn't looking for any figures in particular, although I nearly bought a pack of the new "hard plastic" Celts from Dave Thomas's stall.
I did end up buying a new board game Reiner Knizia's King's Gate.
Image via Wikipedia
Reiner Knizia and Bernd Brunnhofer at the Deut...
It is a tile laying game and looks like it should play quite quickly. I must admit, as soon as I see Knizia's name on the box I am usually happy to buy any game. It is usually a guarantee of a fun evening.
Anyway, as with Skelp a couple of weeks ago, I took several photos and here are the best of them!
PICT0008 PICT0009
The nice chap on this table actually gave my son a set of coloured pencils, some pictures of Knights to colour in and a bag of sweets. What a great way to make the day memorable (for a 4 year old who was generally bored by the whole thing)!
PICT0007
I am not quite sure what this one was about but the players seemed to be having fun! RAFWA (Leuchars) Toy Story:-
PICT0011
East Kilbride Wargames Club's Wings Of War game! (I really must get my WoW stuff out and have another game).
PICT0012
Anyway, I am not too sure of the rest, but here are the photos!
PICT0014
PICT0013
PICT0016
PICT0018
PICT0019
My son liked the burning houses on this one!
PICT0020
PICT0022
PICT0026
PICT0027 


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...